Dear Partners, Friends and Colleagues:
Happy New Year to you all…. Hope you had an awesome Holiday Season as I did. Wishing you all the very best for 2017 and beyond.
With a new year comes new investment resolutions – especially given the nature of the game to be played with Donald J. Trump now as our new President.
To make a long story short, our basic investment philosophy consists of investing globally with other families and private equity groups typically targeting firms meeting the criteria below:
On the corporate side:
- Focused sectors: TMT (telecommunication, media and technology) , Healthcare, Aviation, Advanced Manufacturing, Entertainment and Recreation, Big Data and Fintech, Education and any cash flowing businesses with potential synergy with China.
- EBITDA: $2 million up
- EBITDA margin: > 10% (preference above 15%)
- History of growth/EBITDA Growth: 15%+ per year over three years.
- Net Debt/EBITDA: < 3.5
- Investment size : $10- $100 million. We could target larger businesses on a case by case basis. Majority or control investments a must.
- History of profitability : No Loss in the past 3 years.
- Geographic Areas: North America, Western Europe, Select Middle East countries
On the real estate side:
- Property Types: Cash flowing Office, Industrial, Warehouse/Distribution, Retail, Multi-family apartment complexes and Select Hotel Transactions. No development deals.
- Investment size: $50-$500 million. Larger transactions will be considered if fits the model.
- Geographic Areas: Major metropolitan areas of the United States
You can find a detailed description of our investment criteria in here
Let me know if you have questions or need any additional information.
We always welcome the opportunity to speak with serial entrepreneurs and business builders in hopes of potentially fostering a mutually beneficial relationship.
One last note:
- We will only invest in businesses and real estate plays where operators have “skin in the game”. Promoters with no money of their own in the business need not apply.
- We will not be part of investment syndicates but create our own syndicates if need be in every transaction involved and only invest as General Partners (GP) never as Limited Partners (LPs)
Everything we do is guided by a set of principles that define the firm’s character and culture; they have been at the core of Blackhawk since its inception. These enduring qualities are the shared convictions that we as partners bring to our professional and personal conduct; they are a fundamental strength of our business.
Have a great day and better an awesome year.
By :� Ziad K Abdelnour
Ziad is also the author of the best selling book� Economic Warfare: Secrets of Wealth Creation in the Age of Welfare Politics (Wiley, 2011),
Mr. Ziad Abdelnour continues to be featured in hundreds of media channels and publications every year and is widely seen as one of the top business leaders by millions around the world.
He was also featured as one of the� 500 Most Influential CEOs in the World.