I have frequently been asked the question over the years as to how we brand our products and services here at Blackhawk and what is my general philosophy on branding my name, my activities and my work – both professional and non-professional
Well first off, I strongly believe that in this ever-changing society, the most powerful and enduring brands are built from the heart. They are real and sustainable. Their foundations are stronger because they are built with the strength of the human spirit, not an ad campaign. The companies that are lasting are those that are authentic. This is the strategy we follow in here at Blackhawk.
Mass advertising can help build brands, but authenticity is what makes them last. If people believe they share values with a company, they will stay loyal to the brand.
Authentic brands don’t emerge from marketing cubicles or advertising agencies. They emanate from everything the company does.
What we try to do at Blackhawk is not to have one enormous company in one sector under one banner, but to have two hundred or even three hundred separate companies. Each company can stand on its own feet and, in that way, although we’ve got a brand that links them, if we were to have another tragedy such as that of the 2008 crisis – which hurt the finance industry – it would not bring the whole group crashing down.
Corporations put themselves at an accelerated level of risk when they have a single human being as the face of their brand. Because when customers see that person behaving in a way that is inconsistent with their ideal of the brand, it brings their entire relationship with the brand into question.
Blackhawk is an institution that is managed not just by me; its founder and leader but many partners as well as working in unison.
- We are a single team of very bright, honest, energized, thoughtful, self-starters and great people working together all over the world to create the best outcome for Blackhawk and our investors.
- We do what we say and say what we mean.
- No one raises their hand and says, “That’s my idea or my deal.”
- If an investment or trading play doesn’t work out, we all take responsibility. No finger-pointing. The firm is politics-free.
- Blackhawk is a caring firm; caring for our people, our clients, and our various communities. We must focus on all stakeholders.
- Disseminating information broadly within our firm makes us more effective and better-informed traders and investors.
- We are constantly learning from our mistakes and striving to create new ideas, new products, and new ways of doing our business. If we don’t act like this we will become marginalized. We always want to remain relevant and admired by the people with whom we do business.
In one word, we believe in partnerships and commit to the relationship as much as to the asset itself.
By:� Ziad K Abdelnour
Ziad Abdelnour is also the author of the best selling book� Economic Warfare: Secrets of Wealth Creation in the Age of Welfare Politics (Wiley, 2011) and of the upcoming book � Startup Saboteurs: How Incompetence, Ego, and Small Thinking Prevent True Wealth Creation coming out in May 2020.
Mr. Abdelnour continues to be featured in hundreds of media channels and publications every year and is widely seen as one of the top business leaders by millions around the world.
He was also featured as one of the� 500 Most Influential CEOs in the World.